Skip to content
Public Policy & Regulatory Affairs
- Secured a favorable settlement for an out-of-state contactor requiring settlement of outstanding claims against the City of New York (Office of the Comptroller) arising out of SuperStorm Sandy cleanup contracts.
- Ongoing representation of one of the nation’s largest construction firms on matters relating to school construction, health care facilities, stadium and arena projects, wastewater, and various infrastructure projects.
- Represent a leading infrastructure solutions company on large-scale infrastructure projects, including all facets of procurement, lobbying and strategic counsel.
- Representation of a multi-national alternative investment management firm providing legal and government affairs support during pursuits of large-scale infrastructure investments.
- Representation of a minority construction management firm pursuing government contracts within the federal government including at the Departments of Housing and Urban Development, Homeland Security, Interior, and Defense, as well as state-level agencies throughout the country.
- Act as external National Government Affairs Counsel for one of the largest educational management organizations operating more than 80 charter schools with some 60,000 students in nine states.
- Manage external affairs for one of the nation’s largest waste hauling enterprises representing the company before New York State regulators and in local community activities.
- Act as National Government Affairs Counsel for the fastest growing national non-profit corporation leading legislative efforts in multiple states on anti-opiate and other anti-addiction activities.
- Counsel to one of the nation’s largest state agencies on matters relating to terrorism liability mitigation programs (SAFETY Act).
- Development of anti-terror risk mitigation programs for a regional service provider and equipment supplier to one of the world’s largest building and construction equipment companies (SAFETY Act).
- Counsel to a non-profit civic association fighting to preserve a New York City community via community outreach strategies, representation before City agencies and, when necessary, litigation.
- Counsel several clients regarding the application of New York City Procurement Policy Board Rules.
- Counsel clients regarding application of New York State and New York City lobbying regulations.
Complex Commercial Litigation
- Prosecution of a breach of contract action for the recovery of legal fees.
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman, LLP v. Duane Reade, 2011 WL 4907767 (Sup. Ct.,N.Y. Cty. Mar. 17, 2011), aff’d 98 A.D.3d 403, 950 N.Y.S.2d 8 (1st Dep’t 2012), aff’d 950 N.Y.3d 1082, 965 N.Y.S.2d. 71 (2013).
- Defense of a credit card processor for breach of contract in connection with the provision of certain credit card services to cruise lines.
- Monex Financial Services Ltd. v. Nova Information Systems, Inc., Civil Action No. 07-5837, 2009 WL 3101045 (S.D.N.Y. 2009)
- Prosecution of a breach of contract action arising out of the sale of defective vehicles to be used as handicap accessible NYC taxis.
- Freidman v. General Motors Corp., 721 F. Supp. 2d 218 (S.D.N.Y. 2010)
- Prosecution of a contribution action on behalf of a party found liable for fraud in an underlying action against accounting firm arising out of a tax shelter
- Rosenbach & Rajaratnam, v. Diversified Group, Inc; 85 A.D.3d 569 (1st Dep’t 2011)
- Two-week jury trial (SDNY) of a breach of contract action brought by a subcontractor for work arising out of the contract for the deconstruction of 130 Liberty Street (Deutsche Bank building).
Land Use/Real Estate
- Representation of railroad in claim for costs in relocating electrical facilities involving a dispute over pre-judgment interest.
- City of New York v. National R.R. Passenger Corp., 2009 WL 483343 (E.D.N.Y. 2009).
- 9th & 10th Street LLC v. Board of Standards & Appeals, 10 N.Y.3d 264 (2008).
- Representation of a community organization against development in the Lower East Side of Manhattan.
- Representation of tenant-shareholders in litigation in state court against co-op and managing agent relating to water damage in co-op apartment.
- Representation of a private non-profit “club” in New York City against a tenant for breach of contract.
- Representation of a public relations firm in a contract dispute with an employee revolving around a non-compete clause.
- Representation of an individual investment professional in negotiation of employment terms with prospective employer (top-tier investment bank).
- Advise top-level insurance professional on negotiations with employer.
- Underwriter’s counsel on various New York State and county transactions involving restructurings and new credit originations.
- Counsel to local IDAs and LDCs for project-specific development, including various public private partnerships.
- “The Essential Guide to Drafting and Negotiating Business Contracts in the Global Marketplace! Commercial Contracts: Strategies for Drafting and Negotiating,” (co-author of Chapter 13: Tortious Interference with Contracts), October 2010.